WEMA Bank Plc has launched Nigeria’s first full digital banking service, named ‘ALAT’…and it is 100% digital. With ALAT, account opening/sign-up can be done in five minutes from a mobile phone.
Features of ALAT
1. Open a fully functional saving account using just your BVN and phone number (We’ll get to the unbanked in a few releases down the line) in exactly 5mins (we timed this!)
2. Instantly fund your new account using any existing local or international debit/credit card you may have, in-app. No branch/ATM visits necessary
3. Upload any required documents in-app. No branch visits necessary
4. Select from 2 debit card designs in-app and have same delivered to you within 2 business days anywhere in the country (at ZERO cost for the card and for the delivery)
5. Activate your new card and set your card PIN (or change an existing PIN) in-app. No branch or ATM visits necessary.
6. Control what channels (ATM, POS or The Web) your card gets used on and also what country your card gets used in.
7. Schedule frequent transfers (e.g salaries or moms’ stipend) and bills (e.g DSTV subscription) and forget about them. ALAT’s got you.
8. Create savings goals and earn 10% p.a. in interest on each goal, irrespective of the goal amount. Set your target, choose your saving frequency and ALAT handles the rest…and makes you some good money in the process.
9. The good news is, it works with all Nigerian Bank cards.
Where Can I Download it?
For Android users here
iPhone users here
Web users here
Download it, try it and let us know your experience about the first ever 100% digital banking in Nigeria.