Here it is folks, the long-awaited name reveals of Android 8.0 and without a surprise it’s Oreo. Google unveiled the statue of the Android at 14th Street Park and the event was also available on Youtube through a Livestream where 30,000+ people joined in for the action.
Google had selected 21st August because of the total eclipse in the U.S or Corvallis. The significant changes coming in the next version of Android are highlighted below:
- Android phones will now boot up 2 times faster.
- Android Oreo will limit background usage for the apps you use least for power efficiency as well as increase performance.
- Autofill now remembers your login passwords in apps for quicker sign in.
- The picture-in-picture mode allows you to work with two apps at the same time. Meaning you can talk on Hangouts and check your memos at the same time.
- Notification Dots – Easily check your notifications on an app and quickly swipe them away.
- Instant Apps allow you try an app without installation directly from your browser.
- Project Treble allows hardware makers to easily update their phones to the latest version of Android.
- Wi-Fi Assistant can help connect you to open Wi-Fis but with added security through a VPN back to Google.
Check out the reveal trailer below:
Google has announced Android Oreo will be rolling out in phases to Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel C tablet, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P and Nexus Player. More information on Oreo can be found here.
What are your thoughts on the new features coming in Android Oreo? comment below
VIA: TECHJUICE PK